Cairo Criminal Court resumes the trial of Mubarak, his sons, Al Adly and his aides on September 7, 2011
September 8th, 2011 by Editor
On September 7, 2011, Cairo Court resumed the trial of Mubarak, the former Egyptian President, and his sons, Gamal and Ala, and the escaping businessman Hussein Salim, General Habeb Al Adely, the former minister of interior, and his aides, who were charged for murdering and injuring civil protesters during the revolution. The eighth and the ninth witnesses are decided to give their testimonies on September 8, 2011. Formerly, the court ordered Adding the lawsuit no. 3624, year 2011, Kasr Al Nile of president Mubarak, the former Egyptian President, and his sons, Gamal and Ala, and the escaping businessman Hussein Salim to the lawsuit no. 1227, year 2011 Kasr Al Nile, of General Habeb Al Adely, the former minister of interior, and his aides, to be discussed together. this lawsuit include General Habib Al Adly, the former minister of interior, General Ahmed Ramzi, head of the central security forces, General Adly Fayed, head of the Egyptian general security, General Hassan Abdel Rahman, head of the state security police, General Ismail Al Shaer, head of Cairo Security Directorate, general Ossama Youssef Al Marasi, head of Giza Security Directorate and General Omar Al Faramawi, head of the 6th of October Security Directorate.
EOHR field unit’s lawyers have been following the lawsuit discussion session held in the Police Academy in Al Tagamoa Al Khames District from 11 am to 5.30 pm. Disorders happened when the victims’ civil rights’ lawyers rushed to the session’s room in the morning. During the testimony of the fifth witness Mohamed Abdel Hakim Mohamed Ali, he was accused of Perjury by Judge Mostafa Khater, the Attorney General. The prosecutor general office has filed a criminal lawsuit against him, according to the article no. 294 of the criminal law. The court ordered arresting the witness.
The court session ended with some decisions:
– Enabling the defense lawyers to have copies of the lawsuit’s documents on Saturday, September 10, 2011.
– Completing receiving the witnesses’ testimonies on September 8, 2011.
– Discussing the lawsuit with Marshal Mohamed Hussein Tantawy, the head of SCAF, on September 11, 2011
– Discussing the lawsuit with General Sami Anan, the deputy of the head of SCAF, on September 12, 2011
– Discussing the lawsuit with General Omar Soliman, the former head of the Egyptian inelegancies, on September 13, 2011
– Discussing the lawsuit with General Mansour Al Esawy, the Egyptian Minister of Interior, on September 14, 2011
– Discussing the lawsuit with General Mahmoud Wagdi, the former Egyptian Minister of Interior, on September 15, 2011
The court also decided banning broadcasting the forthcoming court sessions. The attendees will be only the defense lawyers and the victims’ civil rights’ lawyers.
The area surrounding the courthouse witnessed Heavy deployment of security forces for facing the usual clashes of those who are for and against taking President Mubarak to accountability.
This entry was posted on Thursday, September 8th, 2011 at 8:46 pm and is filed under Statements. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.