April 18th, 2012 by Editor
Port Said Criminal Court postponed the trial of the 73 people charged with murdering 73 of Al Al Ahly Sporting Club’s ultras following a football match between Al Ahly and Al Masry teams in Port Said Stad, to May 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9, 2012. The accused persons also were charged with 254 injuries. The prosecution general referred 75 accused persons to Port Said Criminal Court including 9 policemen and 3 of the officials of Al Masry Sporting Club in February 2012. 2 of the accused persons were referred to the teenagers’ court. During the session, the prosecution general representative mentioned the reasons for referring the accused persons to the criminal court. He stated that the playground in Port Said witnessed a wild massacre; such an event has never been witnessed in a football match before in any country of the world. He also emphasized that the incident was previously prepared and nothing came by chance. Following the match, the playground was full of armed thugs.
Judge Sobhi Abdel Maged, the head of the session, dismissed it when the accused person inside the cage screamed loudly against the session head following mentioning the charges.
Mr. Hafez Abu Seada, the head of EOHR, expressed sorrow for massacre saying that it was a black point in the history of the Egyptian sport. He emphasized on taking the perpetrators to accountability in order to be a deterrent for any similar future wild incidents against innocents.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 18th, 2012 at 3:38 pm and is filed under Statements. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.